Written by Administrator
Friday, 04 April 2008 15:08
Sierra Front Recreation Coalition Advisory
Council provides leadership in advancing SFRC's mission, goals and vision. It
provides recommendations to the Board on the planning, management, and
stewardship of a Sierra Front Recreation and Trails system - an area-wide
network of trail and outdoor recreation opportunities with regional seamless
connections linking major areas of public open space; natural, cultural and
historical resources; and trails of regional, state or national significance
with communities and gateways.
- The Advisory Council is made up of land managing agencies, community
nonprofits, businesses, and individuals with jurisdiction or interest in lands
proposed as part of the Sierra Front and Recreation Trail system.
- As the Sierra Front Recreation Coalition grows we will need more active
members on the Advisory Council. We are fortunate to have a core group of
committed individuals, but will want to add representatives from different
sectors of the community over time. If you are interested in serving, please
let us know.
- Is the primary liaison between the Advisory Council and the designated
agency or community partner. Represents the interests of the designated agency
or community partner or, if an individual, broad community interests. Promotes
the involvement of the partner agency or community group in implementing the
vision of SFRC.
- Actively contributes knowledge, expertise, or other resources to the
- Promotes the SFRC and priority recreation investments, building public
awareness and motivating community involvement.
- The Advisory Council's preferred method of making recommendations is
- As the Sierra Front grows, the Advisory Council will meet quarterly.